Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Appt. Update!

I just got back from my appt. w/ my midwife and it went well. She said that I am still measuring large probably because I am petite to begin w/ and the baby has nowhere else to go. She tried to find the heart beat too but was unsuccessful at first, she kept finding it and then it would go away. She said it was because he/she kept swimming away, and was very active! Ry's like "oh no, not another one!" lol. We eventually got it for a consistent time and it was perfect beating at 140. Praise God! I go for another ultrasound and some more tests in another couple of weeks, please pray that i dont have gestational diabetes. the appt. was an hour long, which is fantastic compared t the 5 minute ones i would of had with an obstetrician. I absolutely LOVE midwifery care. We also discussed a home birth and so now Ry and i have to decide if thats what we want.

Another cool thing that happened today, we were driving through Georgetown and noticed random people holding up signs w/ Bible verses on them. Then we seen one guy w/ signs evangelizing a group of highschool students, so we pulled over to talk to him. They were all christians part of a bunch of bible believeing churches doing a week long evangelism thing in georgetown. He gave us a cd w/ a sermon on it (it's a really solid message) and the church's contact. Halton Hills Bible chapel is the name. Anyway, it was really encouraging to see Christians taking a bold stand for the Gospel and proclaiming Christ to the world. We need to get something like that happening in Brampton.

No comments: