Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dying to Self.....

I have learned something this past week. Usually God lets me struggle with something for a while because i like to try and figure things out on my own as well as fix it on my own. So God lets me have my way since i think i am so smart ;) Then usually, i find out i really don't know anything and should have just trusted God in the first place. Anyway, he always shows up at the last minute and reveals His profound truth to me in the form of wisdom. Literally my spiritual eyes open up and the light bulb goes off in my head......it's really cool. Recently i have been struggling with wanting to fulfill my dreams, i felt like God was taking too long to make things happen so i would take control and start planning them myself, being the extremely impatient person I am. After weeks and even months of struggling God revealed to me that i am being selfish. Selfish mainly because i have a family to think about now and it's not all about me and my dreams anymore. I realized three things i need to do to stop this vicious cycle of selfishness:

1) I need to die to self - i need to stop thinking about what i want and stop grumbling if i don't get my way, It's Christ who is in me now and i need to stay focused on glorifying HIM not myself.

2) I need to trust God- i need to wait on the Lord for however long He wants to take and trust that He knows what He's doing and it's for my ultimate good whether i like it or not. Practicing patience.

3)I need to serve others- it's a command from the Lord and i will find blessing in it, also i'll be so busy serving others and caring for people other than myself that i won't have time to think about my dreams or lack there of!

So this is my revelation of the week and I'm at peace already, it feels so much better to just leave everything in God's hands, instead of constantly fighting against things that don't go your way.

No comments: